- 2004 marked the start of the most
important enterprise we shall ever conduct...And it won't make us a
penny. To reflect growing Global concerns about climate change &
energy security we now
ONLY offer our current and future Clients a 'Carbon Neutral' Service
with a commitment to year on year cuts.
- Our first two years of neutrality were
conducted in conjunction with The CarbonNeutral Company. This status
expired in early 2007. We were not satisfied with their service (being
firstly very expensive and secondly, very poor in customer service
provision) so dropped them in favour of either CO2Balance or
- Below are our year-on-year summaries since 2006
Last year we travelled 2360km by
car on client Business. We know the gm/km CO2 emissions for our vehicles
www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk and we make a 15% adjustment down because
the Car is powered by LPG.
Then we add in flights to and from Europe to
a total of 6336km and multiply that by the 0.51 kg/km CO2.
As a Business we will move away from Forestry
sequestration (although we still recommend this for families and
personal offsets) and towards purchasing and retiring Kyoto Carbon
Credits from the open market. This year we chose Equiclimate.
Lean more about Equiclimate at
Equiclimate use the European Union Emissions Trading
Scheme to buy CO2 Allowances. However, they are not traded they are
'retired' so that these emissions cannot be generated by anyone else
The total CO2
is thus 3.65 tonnes. This is then doubled to account for indirect
emissions. This yields a grand total of 7.29 tonnes for the
the year 2007/2008 we saw an unfortunate growth in our Carbon Footprint.
- The kg/CO2 from Business car journeys increased by 486kg (to 900kg)
whilst Business Flights increased their footprint by a massive 2,455kg
- Total direct CO2 footprint was 6.59 tonnes for the year
which we double to include any indirects.
- In 2007/2008 we switched to CO2balance for our offset.
- We chose this year to offset this by buying £105.60 (up from
£43.29) worth of Solar Ovens & Energy Efficient Stoves in the majority
- The year's increases were a reflection of the
doubling of travel in connection with Norgine's European-wide User
Acceptance Testing activities.
- European Flights were down this year with a footprint of 1,034
kg of CO2
- Total Car Mileage added up to 1,846 kg of CO2
- This makes a total of 2.88 Tonnes of CO2 which we double to
5.76 tonnes for the year
- This was offset again with CO2Balance with money devoted to a
renewable Energy Project in China
- The project is the Dajiantan 8MW Hydro Power station
- The Cost was £43.50
- So our footprint is way down again - down to the lowest level
- This year - will it be lower than 5.76 tonnes?
- Yes it is at 1.2 tonnes CO2 for the year direct which we double
to 2.4 tonnes CO2 for the year
- Total Business Car mileage added up to just 640kg of CO2 -
changing to the LPG-powered Toyota Aygo really helped
- Flights are down to just 560kg of CO2
- We offset this with CO2Balance with Energy Efficient Stoves
using Wood Fuel in Maungu (EA)
- This year the direct footprint was 4.23 tonnes CO2
- 3.2 tonnes came from our flight to Bahrain and 0.36 tonne came
from a flight to and from Paris
- Use of ground transport only came to 0.64 tonnes CO2 - almost
the same as last year's figure
- We doubled this to 8.45 tonnes CO2 for the year to
calculate the offset
- Again this year we offset this with CO2Balance.com
- This year the direct footprint was 5.21 tonnes
- 3.5 tonnes was just from flying the the USA & back whilst
nearly 1.5 tonnes came from a lot of driving
- We doubled the 5.21 tonnes to make 10.42 tonnes CO2
for this year
- This year we offset again with CO2Balance at a price of
- This year the direct footprint was only 1.63 tonnes
- Our clients only required driving this year - no flights.
Mileage was also down on last year.
- We double this to make 3.27 tonnes CO2 for this year
- This year we offset that again with CO2Balance at a total
cost of £32.70
in it for the Client?
This means that when your business
hires services from Krofire Enterprises you will not be
contributing any net greenhouse gases.
This will mean that your enterprise
will have zero impact upon global climate change.
Your conscience can rest assured
that using Krofire is investing in a part of the solution rather
than contributing to the problem.
It doesn't cost the Client a penny more.
I want to know more
our Emissions Certificate for 12/13 from CO2Balance
Up | Post Carbon | Oil Depletion Protocol | Can Do Business
Click on your
chosen destination in the list below:
us at: Krofire House, 5 Richard Gardens, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire,
HP13 7LT, United Kingdom, Tel: +44 (0)1494 522749, Fax: +44
(0)1494 522749, Mobile: +44 (0)7775 767109.
All contents of this web site are
entirely those of Krofire Enterprises Ltd and are not
added by, or on behalf of, Oracle, any Oracle Business
Partner or Agency. Contents are the sole responsibility
of Krofire Enterprises Ltd. If any content is believed
to be innaccurate or out-of-date then please contact us
by clicking on the link below and we will be happy to
rectify. Other complaints about content can only be
respected if the matter is addressed directly with
Krofire Enterprises Ltd AND NO OTHER PARTY. Sending
complaints to unrelated third parties may be interpretted as an attempt to damage
the reputation of Krofire Enterprises Ltd. Please always
contact us first to prevent misunderstandings.
Krofire Enterprises Ltd is unrelated
to, and not necessarily endorsed by, Oracle, nor any of
its clients or partners. Our use of the term 'Client' describes an
organisation who is receiving, or has previously received, Services
from a Professional now working for Krofire. Clients may have online
anonymity upon direct request. 'Krofire.com'
publishes information that is accurate, non-confidential,
non-defamatory and not subject to contractual restriction. ALL works
undertaken are restricted by
Standard Terms &
Conditions except where separate agreements apply.
You can E:Mail us directly by clicking
Copyright for this Website,
content and style, including "WinStream"ã,
belongs to Krofire Enterprises Ltd, Krofire House, 5 Richard
Gardens, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP13 7LT, United
Kingdom. Registered in the England & Wales: 4085196.
"Krofire", the blue brush strokes and Crow symbol are
Trademarks of Krofire Enterprises Ltd.
Siemens Helthcare Diagnostics
Bio Products Laboratory
Gulf Aluminium Rolling Mill Co
GAST Group Ltd
Paul Mueller Company
Ibstock Brick/ Glen Gery